Sunday Times - Food Producers: Completely NATURAL

Hilary Biller succeeds in her quest to find proper, additive-free yoghurt

It all started when I was 12. I spent a year on my aunt’s dairy farm in Montagu in the Western Cape. I knew, then, that one day I would love to make cheese,” said Hester Hoogendijk.

We were standing in the small Hijke Cheese factory on the family’s Doornkraal farm, 20km from OR Tambo International Airport.

Click here to read the full interview.

Comments

1. Dr Phinda Mhlongo
    July 16th, 2011 at 02:33PM

I like your yogurt I want to know how can I distribute it to my customers?

2. Teresa
    March 17th, 2012 at 07:46PM

I love your yoghurt. Absolutely fantastic. The vanilla is sublime. I am also giving it my baby as it is possibly the only yoghurt with no colouring or flavouring and he loves it too. It would be great to see a product for babies with full cream milk.

3. Denise Atcheson.
    November 20th, 2013 at 08:32AM

I have been buying your plain yogurt for a couple of years now. Hijke is the ONLY yogurt I will eat and will go out of my way to buy it. (Sadly there seems to be only one stockist in Somerset West) I was thrilled to find Hijke cheese in Pick and Pay at Waterstone Village yesterday. Now this will become the ONLY cheese I will eat. It's delicious.

4. Jessie Barber
    March 3rd, 2014 at 06:51PM

I am following the Dukan diet which advocates eating virtually fat free quark. I managed to find some at Thrupps, but the label on the container does not give any nutritutional information. Can you please supply me with the details?

I would also like to know about your fat free, flavored yogurts. Are they sweetened with fructose and sucrose?

5. August 12th, 2017 at 01:55PM

Aside from purchasing your items where I can get them I might likewise want to put my old yogurt machine to make some utilizing your yogurt for a starter for when I can't get your yogurt.

6. August 18th, 2017 at 01:04PM

I can rely upon the assistance of my partners to ensure that continues passing on jump forward execution in help of our inspiration I have experienced in this open entryway and test with a critical attention to other's desires.