Great feedback

Hi there

I don’t think I have ever written to a food manufacturer before, but after tasting your yoghurt, I couldn’t not get in touch. I hadn’t seen the Hijke brand before I went into the Spar near my office in Greenpoint, Cape Town on Tuesday. I was attracted first by the packaging, and then converted by the philosophy and ingredients. Being low fat was an added bonus. I bought Vanilla, Raspberry and Strawberry.

I had Vanilla yesterday and, without sounding too dramatic, I almost wept. It is without doubt the best yoghurt I have ever tasted. I knew I was in for something special when I saw the beautiful flecks of vanilla seeds in the pot, but the taste far exceeded expectation. After finishing the yoghurt, I proceeded to walk around my office with the empty tub telling anyone who would listen that I had indeed tasted the best yoghurt ever. Raspberry has been this morning’s breakfast, which was just as good, and I’m looking forward to having Strawberry tomorow morning (or maybe even this afternoon).

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know what an incredible thing you have produced - you have a lifetime fan.

Kind regards,

Kelly

Comments

1. Kathryn
    May 6th, 2010 at 01:37PM

I cannot echo Kelly's sentiments more strongly. I live in Cape Town and work in Stellenbosch. I found your yoghurt at the Stellenbosch Fine Foods Spar and while the packaging was an instant attraction, the fact that you produce rhubarb yoghurt made me a lifetime fan, without even tasting it. (Why don't we eat more rhubarb in this country? But that's another issue.) I immediately bought a week's supply. I too nearly wept after the first spoonful. Presented with a choice between dessert - no matter how exotic - and your rhubarb yoghurt, it's no contest. I am now a certified addict, going to that Spar weekly for my fix. I think they think I am mad, presenting myself once a week at the till with ten tubs of rhubarb yoghurt and nothing else. Well, occasionally some of the delicious vanilla to balance it out (they're good to combine too).

I do hope you'll never be a position where you have to discontinue the flavour. I'll go into mourning.

2. sonja
    November 24th, 2010 at 10:19PM

yes yes i feel the same!! discovered it first at the Groenkloof Spar in Pretoria while searching frantically (as always) for something vegetarian that's also healthy and nutricious for lunchtime. Not eating meat for more than 30 years i consider myself quite an expert on yoghurt and do not know why/how i have managed to miss this divine treat for so long! ah, the rhubarb is yuuuuuuummmmmm!!! and i've had them all since, the vanilla is suberb, the grenadilla so fresh...all of them-aaaaw, if i were a poet i'd write a poem, let alone weep. THANK YOU MUCH for this scarce commodity-good quality food that tastes divine, fresh and affordable, and healthy, and attractive! My passion includes healthy living and teaching others about it, it's so much easier to convince people that healthy does not mean yuch when products like these are available.

3. Tasnim
    November 25th, 2010 at 12:16PM

Hi. just want to know if you use the vegetarian rennet in your cheeses.

Thank you.

4. T Man
    January 25th, 2011 at 11:25AM

Your yoghurt is so good I found myself studying the packaging several times just to make sure it was all natural. How do you get it so thick and creamy?

5. Ursula Paton
    February 8th, 2011 at 07:56PM

I concur 100% with the above comments. I first tasted your yoghurt whilst staying at the Raddisson Hotel in Johannesburg.

As an avid foodie I was blown away by all aspects from packaging, taste, texture and superior quality.

I have just discovered Hijke in Cape Town and I am thrilled to bits.

What an outstanding product!

Regards

Ursula Paton

6. February 10th, 2011 at 12:39PM

I LOVE dairy, and I too am blown away by this yoghurt... i'm eating it right now and decided to look them up on the web. WELL DONE!!! This is the ONLY yoghurt i'm buying from now on.

7. Caroline Bergh
    March 17th, 2011 at 11:41AM

Wow, your yoghurt is awesome! I was amazed at the taste and consistency, it really makes all the big brands look fake and runny. I can only find it at the Broadacres Spar, so once a week I take a drive just to get your yoghurt. Please don't ever stop making it.

8. Lisa
    April 18th, 2011 at 02:05PM

WOW - I just had your yoghurt for lunch.

YUM!

Sorry Woolworths looses - You win hands down!

(Guess what Im having for lunch tommorow?!*)

Keep up the fantastic work & well done for getting merchandised in Pick n Pay!

(& if you ever need a brand manager? Im up for it!)

Lisa.

9. October 6th, 2011 at 01:01PM

Off the HOOK! The only current slang word that I could muster up with shear amazement of your GREAT tasting Yoghurt.

I have browsed many times through various brands of yoghurt and have been highly disappointed by the taste and content. I'm not a gym junkie or a health freak (No offence to those that are :p) but I watch what I consume and I can honestly say your yoghurt brands are 100% Eish!

I will have no other then Hijke!

10. kalliebree
    October 25th, 2011 at 06:08PM

Your branding caught my eye at the pick and pay so I decided to give it a try. The Vanilla yogurt was yum, thick and creamy, best low fat vanilla yogurt I have tasted. I think you should consider making frozen yogurt as well!

11. kalliebree
    October 25th, 2011 at 06:08PM

12. Romijn van Zyl
    February 3rd, 2012 at 01:26PM

I have always been a yogurt fan...but this is not yoghurt, its way more!!! Its like something I would think they prepare for kings, someting Angels feast on. It is really the best yogurt I have ever tasted.

I have seen it a couple of times, but bacause I love the SPAR brand yogurt I never bothered to buy yours, today I decided that it was time for change and oh my, it was the best decision for the day.

Thanks!! You have made a Friday lunch the best lunch of the week!

13. Inca
    February 13th, 2012 at 03:36PM

Thank you so much for producing this little bit of heaven in a
    a tub.

14. Bryony
    May 3rd, 2012 at 09:35PM

I was given a tub of yoghurt by my brother from - now I just need to know where I can buy it in Pietermaritzburg! Heavenly........

15. Bryony
    May 3rd, 2012 at 09:37PM

I was given a tub of yoghurt by my brother from Gauteng, now I just need to know where I can buy it in Pietermaritzburg! Heavenly........

16. Bryony
    May 3rd, 2012 at 09:37PM

17. Liz F
    June 7th, 2012 at 10:19AM

I love your yoghurt but it is far too yummy to be low fat so I'm always feeling a bit guilty when eating it
    Would a fat free version be possible?

Liz F

18. Liz F
    June 7th, 2012 at 10:19AM

Would a fat free version be possible?

Liz F

19. bettina ketellapper
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:28AM

The rhubarb flavoured yoghurt is a definate on my shopping list. There is a strong Dutch influence in the making of your product, myself being born there! Well done, and keep it up!

20. Prudence
    October 23rd, 2012 at 03:09PM

I bought the yoghurt today during my lunch break at Pick n Pay in Benmore! I was looking frantically for the normal yoghurts i usually buy but when i saw Hijke, i couldnt help but pick it. Once i got to work, all i did was eat it...its smooth, delicous and very tasty! Trust me from now on, it's gonna be me and my Hijke yorghurt!!

21. March 26th, 2013 at 07:32AM

Well I sincerely liked studying it. This post offered by you is very constructive for accurate planning.